The long awaited closing day is finally here. Handing over the keys to the new homeowner’s is like a huge sigh of relief. It’s done, finalized, and the new homeowner’s can finally start the new chapter of their lives. Finding the thoughtful closing gifts from the real estate agent for the proud new homeowner can leave a lasting impression.
You work with the buyer’s for weeks, sometimes months. Trying to find the perfect house that feels like a home, one that fits their budget and most importantly, one that fits their list of must-haves. Hopefully within this time frame, you’ve gotten to know them a little more. Knowing your clients will help you choose the perfect housewarming gift for them.
So how do you choose what’s to give your clients for their real estate closing gift? Should you even give them something? Remember, your interaction with them will leave a positive impression and can result in them referring you to their friends and family.
One thing to remember though, do not give them anything that they have a lot of already or something that they will never use. Examples of things not to give your clients:
- They aren’t coffee drinkers so don’t give them things like coffee signs for their coffee bars. They’ll never have a coffee bar so this gift will be regifted or trashed.
- They have a yard that is mostly concrete so don’t give them a tree to plant.
- They don’t drink alcohol so don’t give them things like wine, wine glasses, or any bar signs.
- Don’t give them branded things like mugs with your name, contact info and even your picture. Most people nowadays will see this marketing ploy and will be turned off.
- You get the idea. You know your client so put a little thought into it.
Figuring out what to get them doesn’t have to be a challenge. You’ve interacted with them long enough to know a little about them. So choosing the perfect real estate closing gift is easy when you think about who your clients are. Here are some things to keep in mind when trying to find that perfect thoughtful housewarming gift that they’ll actually love:
- What’s their lifestyle?
- do they camp, play golf, like to go to the beach, travel?
- Do they have kids? Young ones or older ones?
- Do they have pets?
- Preferred decor style? Modern, Rustic, Mid Century, BOHO?
- Consider their needs: do they have a pool, love gardening, or love to collect something?
And remember, personalized gifts are the way to go! Everyone loves seeing their names on anything. You can find a lot of personalized housewarming gifts at PaisleyGroveGIFTS.com and your clients will appreciate the extra thought you put into their gift.
Check out this list of Thoughtful Closing Gifts from the Real Estate Agent. They’re practical and some are even personalized. They make the perfect housewarming gifts for the new homeowners because you actually put thought into it.
- Key Holders — they are actually functional and can be a great entry way wall decor too. Every home needs one so you can’t go wrong with these. Just think about their taste in style and they’ll love the practicality of this housewarming gift. Shop for a key holder here.
- Custom Watercolor House Print — you already know they love their home so why not have it permanently printed on an 8×10″ frame. They can add their own 4×6″ picture and proudly display it, front and center, in their living room because they will surely love it. Have their home converted into a watercolor painting and printed on a frame here.
Want to save on these thoughtful gifts from PaisleyGroveGIFTS? Join the FREE VIP gift giver club and enjoy exclusive freebies, discount codes, and get first digs on what’s new in store. It’s like a gift for being such a VIP gift giver. Sign up HERE, it’s free!
- Wall Art — new homes always have bare walls so the gift of Wall Art will make their decorating easier. PaisleyGroveGIFTS.com has a growing collection of Metal Aluminum Signs and Wall Art that make great housewarming gifts for the new homeowners. Check out the collection here.
- Printable Wall Art — These are FREE from PaisleyGroveGIFTS. Just download, print on a regular letter-sized paper (8.5×11″), find an 8×10: frame, and wrap in a cute gift wrap. Simple but thoughtful housewarming gift. And budget-friendly too.
- “Bless this home” surrounded by a watercolor eucalyptus wreath design. Original design by PaisleyGroveGIFTS and available for download for personal use only. Click here to download this free printable file.*
- “New Home, New Beginning, New Memories” surrounded by a watercolor eucalyptus wreath design. Original design by PaisleyGroveGIFTS and available for download for personal use only. Click here to download this free printable file.*
- Christmas Ornament — That first Christmas in their new home will be a special one. These keepsake “First Christmas In Our New Home” Ornaments will be cherished forever. Some can be personalized too. Shop for Keepsake Ornaments here.
As you know, satisfied clients can result in referrals for when their friends and family need a real estate agent. So make sure you don’t just disappear from their life as soon as you hand over the keys. Congratulate them on their new dream home with one of these thoughtful closing gifts from the real estate agent.
Have a gift in mind that you would like us to custom-make for you? Contact us to see if it’s something we can do. We love working with customers to make their gifts extra special for the recipients.
This blog is written to make your thoughtful gifting easier and brought to you by PaisleyGroveGIFTS, a Veteran-Owned Small Business based in Southern California. Find out more about us here. Follow us on social media to see what’s new and what else you can gift to your clients as a real estate closing gift:
- Youtube – check out our product videos, production, and behind the scenes at the studio!
*Disclaimer: All downloadable printables are designed and copyrighted by ©PaisleyGroveGIFTS. They’re free for your personal use and may not be sold/reproduced/distributed for any monetary gains. All images must link to PaisleyGroveBLOG.com otherwise, any other use/link is a copyright infringement and can result in legal action.