The CDC recently announced that wearing a cloth face cover when around others can slow the spread of the Coronavirus that’s sweeping the U.S. right now. We’ll show you how to use and wear the PaisleyGroveGIFTS cloth face cover the right way so that you will actually help slow the spread of this rampant virus.
The purpose of the cloth face cover is to cover your mouth and nose when around others. It’s not designed for anyone under 2 years old, anyone with trouble breathing, or unconscious people. It’s meant to protect other people around you in case you are infected. You may not have any symptoms showing and still be infected.
Just a reminder: ALL cloth face coverings (including ours) does not protect, prevent, or mitigate any diseases or viruses.
So if this doesn’t prevent any diseases, why would the CDC recommend it and why won’t they recommend the N95 or surgical mask instead? Well, there’s a shortage of those supplies right now and they want any available stock to go to the hospitals, first responders, nursing homes so that they can continue to help us without getting sick too. The cloth face masks simple reduces the chances of you sharing your germs to anyone near you even if you don’t have symptoms. This, in turn, helps flatten the curve and not overwhelm the hospitals.
HOW TO USE THE THE CLOTH FACE COVER / FACE MASK FROM PAISLEYGROVEGIFTS.
- Before wearing, machine wash in warm water and medium dryer setting. Use a mesh laundry bag or pillow case if you don’t have one.
- Insert a nose wire that’s 4 inches long into the sewn in channel at the top back part of the face mask. This nose wire is IMPORTANT because it allows you to mold the top part of the cloth face cover around your nasal bridge. It makes sure there’s a snug fit in order for it to actually do it’s job
- We provide 3 for each mask purchased but once those are worn, you can use material such as twist ties from the produce section of the grocery stores, a craft pipe cleaner, or garden wires that are 20-24 gauge. Just make sure the ends aren’t sharp or it may poke you.
Check our other fabric options for this 100% cotton, double layer cloth face masks with a filter pocket. We have face masks for dog lovers, coffee addicts, patriotic fabrics, and more! SHOP NOW.
- Insert a filter into the opening at the back / interior side of the cloth face cover. This adds another layer of filtration and although optional, it is recommended. Skip this if it makes it hard to breath through the now 3-layer face mask. Some ideas that you can use as a filter include:
- Side note: There have been web articles that say the home air filter materials can be used but the manufacturers caution against that because some contain fiberglass material. Do not use those!
- Remove the face cover by its straps. Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth when removing it.
- Wash hands or use a hand sanitizer after removing the face cover.
- Wash the face cover after each use so it’s best that you have more than one.
- Remove the nose wire and filter before washing.
- Join PaisleyGroveVIP to get a discount code to use on more masks. And it’s free to join so don’t pay full price for more cloth face masks! Click here to join now.
If you can’t stay at home, Social Distancing is still recommended even if you’re wearing any type of face covering.
Post a pic of you wearing one of our masks and tag us on Instagram @paisleygrovegifts. We’d love to see the new trending fashion statement you’re making when you help stop the spread of the Coronavirus.